Wednesday, February 11, 2009

I'm a blogger now!?!!??!

well I have secretly stalked many craft bloggers....
I have read & adored & read some more...
Now I am going to blog and share my work
and lessons
I CANNOT sew, but would give anything to learn, my DARLING husband has put his foot down
and told me to buy a sewing machine and have someone teach me to sew.
I recently lost 55lbs !!!!
and some of my clothes I cannot bear to see go, so now I WILL learn to sew!!!

I scrapbook a lot...
cant help it... I'm a mom
and a former marines wife (come on those memories need to be preserved) 
who is now a firefighter. 
There is so much to scrap.
Plus we fish, hunt, and camp.
What kind of mother would I be if couldn't whip out an album
and show pictures to his soon-to-be-wife 
of his first Kill?
a terrible one thats what!

I also just like to craft, anything, with anything. 
It's just fun.
Re-finishing wood furniture is one of my favorites.
I bought this TERRIBLE ugly robins egg blue with polka dots dresser 
for $5 @ a thrift store, I forgot to take a before shot,
but the after....
was AMAZING.
I used modge podge and paper... it rocked!
and my hubby got frost bite spraying the white coat of paint for me
(december in denver)

I mostly want to learn to sew!

I also cook. 
Everything... 99% from scratch 
(sometimes I cheat and use canned chicken cuz I feel lazy)
I make breads
pies
ice cream
cassaroles
chicken pot pies
soups
juices
anything really (sugar free cuz I can't have it & it's bad for you)
and I grow veggies
if I had it my way we would have goats, chickens, and cows
hubby says the apt manager might frown on this.
oh man I can't wait to buy a house!

anyway thats me
heres my blog
yes i always type like this 
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment